Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ron Pope - A Drop in the Ocean (Vampire Diaries Season 3 Episode 1 Soundtrack


I was glued to my computer screen watching the first episode of The Vampire Diaries Season 3.

It was really fun and I am glad that after a long while, they started airing the newest season. I kept myself focused and really had fun while watching the episode.

I missed Elena, Damon and Stefan love
triangle. Included in that was Caroline, Tyler, Rick, and Matt, among others.

The series was still as interesting as it is and it just keeps getting better and better.

One scene I liked the most in the first episode was that moment when Stefan was totally exhausted and down. He went out of the bar and dialed Elena's number. Elena picked up the phone and asked who is on the line, yet Stefan refused to answer and even say a word. Elena felt that it was Stefan and started saying things like 'I love you, hold on to that!'. That moment was accompanied by a song unfamiliar in my ears.

My initial reaction was li
ke 'Wow!'. The song added emotion to that very moment. And even until I finished watching the episode, I still cant get over it! Until I started putting my hands on my notebook keyboard and started searching about the soundtracks of the the first episode. I kept on searching about that song until HURRAH! I found it!

A Drop in the Ocean -- doesnt that sound like smooth and cool?.? The singer was Ron Pope, somebody I really didnt know until I googled his name. There I found it! He was the lead vocals of the now-separated The District. Yes! I dont know something about this band, too! But I kept on reading about it and learned a lot.

Ron Pope's music was really cool and this is the kind of music that I would really like to listen to when I am down, depressed, alone and lonesome. Perhaps, you should take some time to search him, too!




As much as I want to know more about Ron, online searches turned out zero. There was no specific source to learn more about his life, childhood, music, etc. since his website is inadequate in providing such details. However, good thing that at least I would be able to continue listening to his music.

Here is the song that I kept on listening to today.






A DROP IN THE OCEAN - RON POPE


A drop in the ocean
A change in the weather
I was praying that you and me might end up together
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert
But I'm holding you closer than most,
Cause you are my heaven.

I don't wanna waste the weekend
If you don't love me, pretend a few more hours, then it's time to go
As my train rolls down the east coast I wonder how you keep warm
It's too late to cry
To broken to move on
And still I can't let you be
Most nights I hardly sleep
Don't take what you don't need from me

It's just a drop in the ocean
A change in the weather
I was praying that you and me might end up together
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert
But I'm holding you closer than most,
Cause you are my heaven.




Misplaced trust and old friends
Never counting regrets
But a grace of god I do not rest at all
In new England as the leaves change
The last excuse I'll claim, I was a boy who loved a women like a little girl
And still I can't let you be
Most nights I hardly sleep
Don't take what you don't need from me

It's just a drop in the ocean
A change in the weather
I was praying that you and me might end up together
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert
But I'm holding you closer than most,
Cause you are my,

Heaven doesn't seem far away anymore no no
Heaven doesn't seem far away
Heaven doesn't seem far away anymore no no
Heaven doesn't seem far away

A drop in the ocean
A change in the weather
I was praying that you and me might end up together
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert
But I'm holding you closer than most,
Cause you are my heaven.

You are my heaven








   
Ron Pope - A Drop In The Ocean






========================================================== Random thoughts...