Monday, December 2, 2013

Of Realty and Traveling...

The past couple of months that I had was quite challenging... Very challenging in fact!

I ended 2013 with a soft touch on the Real Estate Marketing being the Sales and Marketing Trainer of Comvaleño Land Development Corporation (CLDC) for about 4 Months. It was quite a stressful job traveling for an hour before reaching my workplace, from Tagum City to Nabunturan.


The Real Estate Industry in the Philippines has been quite a set-aside industry for decades, I think.


Real Estate Agents and Brokers are not considered by many as a professional job, due to the stains being done by practicing agents without licenses. And I really find Real Estate to be a promising industry for a Sales and Marketing enthusiast like me.

After leaving CLDC with my immediate Boss, I then went to start anew with her existing Travel Agency. Fortunate than not, I am also into Travel and Tourism and this job provides an avenue for me to maximize my full potential as a manager, as a businessman.

The first steps are always rough...

I really had a terrible time absorbing all the necessary details about ticketing, tour packages and international travel. Although I have a big background being a Tourism degree holder, it did not provide a soft start for me. I learned and re-learned everything on my own, an initiative of an aspiring businessman.


I was able to make ends meet after all. The Marketing Strategies I have executed turned out to be quite effective for a short-term goal. After half a year, I was able to at least provide a smooth flow of operations. But the challenge still remains: how can I make RJB Travel and Tours the best travel agency in Tagum City?


While the travel agency is getting better with the operations, I set foot again in the world of Real Estate. I started selling house and lots and got quite a good response. I think this will be another exciting story to be told. I am currently extending my operational management in RJB Realty Services, owned by my boss who is a licensed broker.


What I am trying to share in this post is that, I am maximizing my resources and I am very sure that this platform would provide me a successful marketing strategy.


I still have a lot of things to share, that needs to happen slowly... I am a busy guy after all! (GRINS)





========================================================== Random thoughts...